Table of Contents
- What to Do If You Are Locked Out
- Tips for Preventing Getting Locked Out
It happens to the best of us. You get home from work, school, or a night out, and you realize that you’ve locked yourself out of your house. You don’t have your keys, and you don’t know what to do.
Don’t panic! There are a few things you can do to get back into your house. Here are some tips:
What to Do If You Are Locked Out
- Try to find a spare key. If you have a spare key hidden somewhere, now is the time to find it. Check under doormats, flowerpots, and other obvious places.
- Call a locksmith. If you can’t find a spare key, call a locksmith. They will be able to come to your home and open the door for you.
- Wait for someone to come home. If you’re home alone, and you don’t have a spare key or a way to call a locksmith, you can wait for someone to come home. If you have a roommate, they may have a spare key. You can also wait for your spouse, partner, or other family member to come home.
Tips for Preventing Getting Locked Out
- Make copies of your keys. Make sure you have at least two copies of your keys. One copy should be kept in a safe place at home, and the other copy should be kept with a trusted friend or family member.
- Hide a spare key outside. If you don’t have a safe place to keep a spare key at home, you can hide it outside. Make sure to hide it in a place that is not obvious, such as under a rock or in a flowerpot.
- Get a keypad lock. Keypad locks are a great way to prevent getting locked out. With a keypad lock, you don’t have to worry about losing your keys.
- Get a door alarm. A door alarm is a great way to deter burglars. If someone tries to break into your home, the alarm will go off and alert you.
I hope these tips help you if you ever find yourself locked out of your home.
Our locksmiths will work around you and your busy life.